Sweet Life






Sweet life long long time ago. You and I taking on the world, I was you boy and you were my girl.
We were gonna do it all.
We had such big plans graduated from college joined in matrimony walking off hand in hand.
Sweet life. Such a sweet life long ,long time ago.


La-la-la We were so in love don’t cha know. Nothing could stop us. We were invincible.
Oh but how were we to know our road was paved with potholes.
We hit a few along the way ,mended our wounds and moved on to another day.
Sunshine blue skies gave way to darken days.
It seems the stars were misaligned and we began to go separate ways.
Distance can prove fatal to any relationship.
We grew miles apart though we were together everyday.
Sweet life, we had a sweet life long, long time ago.
I wish we could go back and take this pain away. Don’t you want to go?
Go back to yesterday when all we needed was each other and love guided our way.
Let’s go back baby and find what we once had.
I know we can make it.  Let’s get a brand new plan. Stay here, stay here baby.
Don’t let this love slip away. Sweet life, sweet life. You and I side by side.
I got your back and you got mine.
Let’s fall back in love. You close your eyes and I’ll close mine.
Now count to three open what do you see. You and me.
Just like how it used to be. Sweet life. Oh what a sweet life.
I’m your husband and you’re my wife. Forever and ever. Somehow love finds a way.


For those of you going through stormy times and chaos is all around.
Hold on to each other breathe deep and don’t lose site of what you have.
The feelings you share. Love for one another should not be your cross to bare.
It is indeed a gift from the heavens above, cherish it and the reward will be great.


Written By: Larry D. Miller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Appearance

Loves Train