A Winters Cold



There’s a coldness in the air while quietness stills the room.
They battle for the occupancy of the space. Either way , win or lose their battle insures  our suffocation. The conversations we once had filled with the hope of tomorrow has been stripped away and we’re splattered with destitution and disgust.
We struggle with finding the simplest of niceties to share with or about one another.
Good morning, how are you, thank you and not to mention I love you are scattered few and far between. This right now, surely is not what we envisioned for ourselves oh so many years ago, but nevertheless here we are. Two people lost in our lives not really sure just what we are doing.  And what of the love we held so dear and shined so bright?I believe it’s still there however it has been dulled by the muck and mud of life and no matter how hard we have tried to wash it off it still remains. What I wouldn’t do for a breath of fresh air. What would it feel like to see you greet me with that smile that said “There is my joy”, I wonder.
That smile that shone so bright has now been eclipsed by a darkening moon.
Could it be that I am that moon blocking out the sunlight of your beautiful smile?
I used to be the source that ignited that smile. Now it seems that disappointment has doust our flame. Every sense of me has been crushed by what is happening to us.
All I want to do is run to you, feel your embrace and let our bodies warm to the touching of our souls. Make love until our once energy filled bodies collaspe in a wave of exhaustion. If I could just lay here with my eyes closed and my arms around you this moment never has to end.
As long as there is the existence of a dream there’ll be better days. What a beautiful delusion. I used to be a believer in this but we’re broken and I don’t know if it can be fixed.   Better days, Perhaps once we are apart. I can see that for you. For if better you’d be without me than with me, then I can do nothing but wish you well. Anything to bring back that electric smile, and that optimistic innocence that once carried your spirit.
Anything to take away this chill that consumes us like a winter’s cold.
Written By: Larry D. Miller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Appearance

Loves Train

Sweet Life