Waiting





All my life I’ve waited so long just to hear someone say that I make their day.
I wondered what would it feel like to fill the memories of a lover’s past that never fade, memories that we remanence on the whole night through.
Someone that I can love and feel that love in return, a love I can count on to always be there.
I have so much love in my heart to give. I just needed someone to give it to.
I want that someone to be you.
I’m not chasing a foolish dream for you are as real as the sky and the sea. You have the kind of smile that could light the eastern seaboard, as bright as the sun in the month of May. I would give anything to have that smile greet me at the start of each and every day. When I look at you I see something that I have never seen before.
Someone looking back at me with loving eyes and open arms. Someone to love.
Someone to come home to.
I’ve waited all my life to hear someone say that they love me.
I’ve waited oh so long to give that person my all and all. To say “Baby I’m yours if you will have me for the rest of my life”. I guess what I’m trying to say is, that I hope I am that someone you waited so long to love and have that love returned.
I want to be that man so bad, like nothing I’ve ever wanted in this world.
When you hold my hand and your thumb gently sweeps across the back of it  I get the sense that you feel secure and that’s a feeling I never want to let go. I waited so long to hear that someone wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with them.
And here you are.
How do I say this?
I want to be there to see you out in the morning and the one to ask how was your day in the evening. I want to look in your eyes and warm your soul.
I want you to know that I care. I care about you, I care for you. Care, such a small word, four letters but put together they have the power to change the world, for they have surely changed mine.  It is true what they say. All good things come with time.
Yeah, it is true.
Speaking of truth I believe that’s just what we are. That being said, this truth is straight from my heart, mind, body and soul. I want to be the one to with whom you share your life. I want to live with you each and every waking day of my life. What I want more than anything on this earth my darling dear is for you to be my wife.
Written By:
         Larry D. Miller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Appearance

Loves Train

Sweet Life